Coupons!

But Wait! There's More!

Monday, November 16, 2015

My Review Of Stride Rite Soft Motion Mary Janes (leopard print)

I let my little girl pick her own new shoes, and she quickly pointed to the Stride Rite SRT Soft Motion Jordona Mary Jane in the cute leopard print. So, that is what we got, and that is what she's been wearing...practically everywhere!
But, they arent only oober cute (and trust me they are, we get compliments EVERYWHERE!), they are extremely functional. Compared to previous shoes, it appears that she can truley walk better in these.  She's even running! We both love how they are designed to easily take off and put on, with just one velcro strap on each shoe. This allows her to not only feel more independent but be more independent in dressing herself!
The only downfall is that the velcro strap around the ankle is pretty tight. If I don't give the velcro piece enough "slack", and make the strap loose, or if they are on for too long,  they cut into her ankles, sometimes leaving red and irritated marks. Unfortunately, there isn't very much "slack", yet the straps are fairly long.
While my daughter is a little chunky in areas, she is by no means large. In fact, she is fairly small, when it comes to weight, for her age (15 months 22lbs 30in). This may happen fairly often with this style of shoe, I'm not certain, but I do wish they would have allowed for more room to adjust. I suppose this is also something I could do,  by adding more velcro.
All in all we both love the shoes, we have received a ton of compliments, she has started running after she began wearing them, she is now more independent in dressing/undressing herself...the only recommendation I would make is to add more velcro to the strap so that they can be a little looser. But again,  this is something I could do as well.
DEFINITELY MOM AND KID APPROVED!
*Product received complimentary for test and reviewing purposes. All opinions are of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment